54 Low Petergate, York | Call 01904 622 478
York Hotel and Restaurant Location
Although parking restrictions are in force in York City Centre between the hours of 10.30am and 5pm, guests in private cars and taxis may arrive or leave the Lodge at any time of day. We also provide off-site car parking, which may be reserved for a small charge; please ask our staff for details when making your reservation. Alternatively,rather than coming to the hotel first, go straight to the car park and leave a note in the windscreen stating staying at Galtres Lodge with the dates of your stay, then make your way to the hotel. The map details the approved route to the car park. The map details the approved route to the car park.
Car Parking Directions
From the front of Galtres Lodge
- Continue down Low Petergate straight over the crossroad into King’s Square.
- Follow this road for 150 metres until you come to another crossroad.
- Turn left here and follow this road over a mini roundabout, next move into the left-hand lane at the traffic lights.
- After turning into St. Maurice’s Road, you need to move into the right-hand lane for the next set of traffic lights. Turn right here.
- You have now arrived in Monkgate. Follow the road for 100 metres; on the left-hand you will see The Tap and Spile pub soon to be renamed the The Black Horse.
- Turn left into the car park and park. Please park tidily between white lines & place your voucher on the dashboard where it can be clearly seen - alternatively leave a note in the windscreen stating staying at Galtres Lodge with the dates of your stay, then make your way to the hotel.
Monday to Sunday 10.30am until 5.00pm
In spite of footstreet restrictions, guests arriving by car or taxi may enter pedestrian zones during the above hours, provided they do so via Goodramgate, Church Street, Swinegate and Grape Lane, all of which are clearly labelled on the map overleaf. Cars must leave the area via Low Petergate and Colliergate. Outside these hours, cars may enter by any route.
If you are struggling to navigate York’s one-way system, do not hesitate to give us a ring. Our reception staff will be more than happy to direct you.